Frequently Asked Questions:
- Do I need a referral to see Dr. Jacqui Clark?
Yes, you need a written referral from your GP, Specialist, physio or other registered health care provider.
- Can I see Dr. Jacqui Clark on ACC?
Yes, at no cost to yourself.
- What happens when I am referred to see a Registered Specialist Pain Physiotherapist?
You will be fully assessed and your condition will be discussed and explained to you. A full report is then written up and sent to your referring health care provider (GP/ specialist/ physio etc), and if ACC a copy to ACC also. You will then begin rehab with your own physio under Dr Clark's guidance, or in some cases with Dr Clark herself.
- Can Dr Jacqui Clark be my regular physio after the specialist assessment?
Yes. However, ideally you would continue with your own physio under Dr Clark's guidance.
However, if your own physio is not equipped or is unable to provide you with the care you need, rehabilitation can be provided by Dr Clark.
- How many sessions are available to me for Registered Specialist Physiotherapist services?
ACC will only allow 4 fully funded rehab sessions after the initial assessment, but privately funded sessions are not limited.
- What are the costs?
There is no cost to the ACC-funded client. Privately funded clients will pay $300 for the assessment and full report, and $150 for reviews. If ongoing rehab is required, discounts may be available.
- What if I am not well enough to travel or live too far away?
Telehealth is available to you instead of in-person.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions.